To prepare cost of production of Kharif and Rabi crops a committee under the presedentship of Director General (Ext & AR), Agriculture Department has been constituted. In this committee Direcotor Crop Reporting Service, Agriculture Department as a member (Secretary) of the committee.
The services of this committee are as under:-
- To submitt the cost of production of importnatant crops
- To analyze the prices of the crops
- To gather the data regarding cost of production
- To arrange the regular meetings of the committee
The following items are included in the methodology:-
- The Crop Reporting Service collect all relavant information regarding cost of production from the selecetd (sampled) villages in all over the Punjab.
- The Crop Reporting Service collect the information from Punjab Economic Research Institues and present this data to the committee and prepared working papers for cost of production of important crops.
- All these working papers are send to Punjab Agriculture Policy Institute and Ministory of National Food Security and Research Islamabad. The support prices of crops per 40kg are also proposed to Government of Pakistan for final approval.